1. Any platform

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Going to run this one past you all. Have them both (paid), and love them. Use BitWarden on desktop, and ProtonPass on iPhone.
Which, if any, are you running? and which of these two do you recommend? The good, the bad, likes, dislikes. Let's hear your comments.

By the way... Thanks for the input on my previous query, Dashlane or NordPass. ✌️

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
None :D

I use NordPass and can't live without it.
But after seeing both, my choice would be ProtonPass, which does what NordPass does :)

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
None :D

I use NordPass and can't live without it.
But after seeing both, my choice would be ProtonPass, which does what NordPass does :)
What I like about ProtonPass on my phone, is that I can set it to show "login history / recent logins" which is really nice considering one probably only logs into a limited number of sites on the phone, where one's desktop is where most family business is done.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I went bitwarden, because the paid plan is inexpensive. I also like how they have a standing bounty bug program, and that the program is open-source. I am not sure I trust Proton, since they are ambiguous about when owns and runs Proton in general. I trust bitwarden more than I do anything Proton. Weren't they just in the news for giving account access to a third party?

JustInTime

Level 2
Feb 21, 2022
I went bitwarden, because the paid plan is inexpensive. I also like how they have a standing bounty bug program, and that the program is open-source. I am not sure I trust Proton, since they are ambiguous about when owns and runs Proton in general. I trust bitwarden more than I do anything Proton. Weren't they just in the news for giving account access to a third party?
Proton gave recovery email address of the account to authorities. I think it was Apple which provided real identifiable information.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Just wish ProtonPass was less pricey. dragged my feet on the dollar a month for life last year and have been kicking myself ever since.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
One of the things I don't like about about Proton is that if there's inactivity after X minutes and you're locked out, they force you to use a pin and not the master password to re-login. I prefer to use that master password and not a 5 digit pin; I use a long complex password for a reason.

• Applause
Reactions: lyldz and BigWrench

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Don't you need to have this option checked for that to happen?
Screenshot 2024-05-14 182539.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and BigWrench

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.