Compare list
Password Managers
Platform(s)
  1. Any platform

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I guess the way I saw it, if there is no locking after inactivity there can be no unlocking. Meaning, if that option is not checked it won't lock due to inactivity. Without that checked your time options are greyed out. That being the case, I'd prefer to have to re-enter my master password rather than use a pin.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I guess the way I saw it, if there is no locking after inactivity there can be no unlocking. Meaning, if that option is not checked it won't lock due to inactivity. Without that checked your time options are greyed out. That being the case, I'd prefer to have to re-enter my master password rather than use a pin.
Understood.... Not a fan of reentering one's password constantly per se, NordPass does this, at least on mobile, and pin code unlocking is not an option.
Understandably your master password is MUCH more secure. ✌️

Wrecker4923

Level 1
Apr 11, 2024
I can easily share passwords with people instead of copying and pasting ;) (it's more secure for me)
On this point, Bitwarden also has a Send feature, which can be used to share password on an ad-hoc and temporary basis, which can be done in a free plan. Sharing on a permanent basis requires being in the same organization together, with 2 accounts/persons allowed on a free plan.

I am a Bitwarden (free) user.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
On this point, Bitwarden also has a Send feature, which can be used to share password on an ad-hoc and temporary basis, which can be done in a free plan. Sharing on a permanent basis requires being in the same organization together, with 2 accounts/persons allowed on a free plan.

I am a Bitwarden (free) user.

Really? I didn't know that, and I'm a paying user. Thanks.

Reactions: Nevi and Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.