Question CyberLock and Edge

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
Can someone with CyberLock installed confirm whether the Edge browser removes its processes upon closing? I observed the Edge processes persist even after closing it following the installation of CL, and CL doesn't switch to OFF. I'm unsure if CL is the root of the issue, but I didn't encounter it prior to CL installation, and it's not happening on another system with Kaspersky. Windows 11 and CyberLock 7.77

Reactions: Jack

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Yeah, Edge has been acting weird the last 3-4 weeks. It wants to run all the time, even if Startup Boost is disabled. But either way, CyberLock would never cause an app to run ;), so I am certain that is not the issue.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
I never faced the mentioned problem, and I have startup boost or copilot disabled. Anyway, the installation of this month's Windows update resolved the issue.

Reactions: oldschool and Jack

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I never faced the mentioned problem, and I have startup boost or copilot disabled. Anyway, the installation of this month's Windows update resolved the issue.
That is great to hear, thank you for letting me know... I was hoping it was a small bug that would be fixed with a Windows Update.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.