New Update Finally... The next generation of Avira is available.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
HTTPS scanning is a Pro feature, isn't it? Because the Free version doesn't have Web Protection.
As I said, I had problems with the new version. I need to update manually, because the automatic update doesn't work and the context menu scan is unavaible.
No wonder you have problems with it , its very buggy. About web protection, you may install avira safeshopping wich blocks malicious sites, but only in browser 🤷‍♂️ even if i had pro version of avira i probably would turn https scanning off since its using root certificate after turning on

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
1) Is the free version only get 1 virus database update each day and is it 24 hours behind vs paid version get the up-to-date virus database?

Reactions: DDE_Server

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Avira Free and Pro receive updates at the same time, there is no such thing as receiving just one a day
I remember a long time ago that the free version only gets 1 signature update each day. Perhaps Avira changed that a long time ago.

Reactions: DDE_Server

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
To be honest, Avira's support team are one of the worst...They literally have less knowledge than normal users about Avira products.:rolleyes:
In my experience, customers of the free version don't give a damn. I recently had the opportunity to use technical support using the Free version of Avira and then the paid version. The difference is enormous. With the paid version the answers were very fast. With the free version I did not get any answer.
They have a strange approach to customers. I have not yet encountered such a thing.
Arcabit has the best support.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
You don't need to check or uncheck anything, I'm testing on the Hub and I downloaded the free and pro version from the site and does not come with vpn and other tools, just the pure antivirus program.
I downloaded it from their website too and it includes extras such as system speedup, junk cleaning and software and driver updaters.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.