New Update Norton Security 22.24.2.6 for Windows is now available!

Jengo

Level 7
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Currently no info on the Norton Forum

1709912176825.png

As soon as Norton post the changelog , i will update this thread.

CyberDevil

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Unless the gaming optimiser will add a second CPU benefits will be close to none.
On my old laptop, Kerish's game optimizer gave me 10 fps in conditions of trottling and 30% CPU load, and most importantly, it removed the fps spikes. Since then I don't consider optimizers useless. :) Although about norton I really don't remember whether I felt its optimizer during a year of use or not.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Szellem and Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
On my old laptop, Kerish's game optimizer gave me 10 fps in conditions of trottling and 30% CPU load, and most importantly, it removed the fps spikes. Since then I don't consider optimizers useless. :) Although about norton I really don't remember whether I felt its optimizer during a year of use or not.
Yeah well that largely depends on your hardware and software environment.
Optimisers work by suspending unnecessary tasks (which on Windows are quite a lot) and by prioritising the game executable(s).
It is possible to achieve some speedup this way, but mostly it is just a placebo.

The Norton Game Optimiser was inherited by Bullguard, which was really popular and highly praised amongst gamers.

• +Reputation
Reactions: simmerskool

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Which programme is this exactly?

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Thank you.
Is this a free or paid program?Is it reliable?
Users at MalwareTips usually highly praise it and prefer it to other optimisers. It is paid.
I personally advise against the usage of such (and not only me, for example this has been the position of various security companies such as MalwareBytes throughout the years).

Whilst calling TuneUP software PUP is farfetched, a lot of it has almost no benefit and is just a waste of time.

Again, it depends on your hardware and software situation. Provided that you’ve got a modern device and you only install what you need, optimisers should not be necessary.

• +Reputation
Reactions: simmerskool

CyberDevil

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Thank you.
Is this a free or paid program?Is it reliable?
It is paid, but inexpensive. There is a 15-day trial period with no limitations in functionality. Sometimes there are promotions when you get a free code for a year, but you can't guess.

The program is made in Russia, but it has a good reputation. At one time there was a scandal that Eset detected it as a PUP, but they were able to solve it. There was just a problem that they called minor registry errors as problems and Eset considered it a user scam.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.