What movie are you watching or planning to watch?

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018

What Is It?​

The 2018 British spy thriller TV show Killing Eve (Season 1).

KILLING EVE Official Trailer (HD) Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer Thriller BBC Series:

Killing Eve Season 1 Spoiler Free Review:

My Thoughts​

This show and season was a pleasant surprise that I was not expecting to like as much as I did.

I started watching it on Netflix while my brother CC was visiting for two weeks recently.

I had heard of this TV show before because some people online recommended it for those who like the character Alice Morgan from the TV show Luther.

So I binged watched this entire season in less than two days, it kept my attention, and Jodie Comer as the character Oksana Astankova / Villanelle was a standout of this season & this show.

Fiona Shaw as the character Carolyn Martens also did a good job playing a very stiff & British but secretly more complex character.

I could see some good & bad aspects of Phoebe Waller-Bridge on this season & TV show, mostly the good, fortunately, and I was impressed with the unique perspective & depth & surprising comedy moments throughout it.

This season & show managed to combine various elements in a way that mostly works.

There are some flaws like: some anti-male elements, black characters are under-represented & have very minor & limited roles in my opinion, some toxic femininity that is promoted & not called out, and a few other negative aspects that are not challenged & seemly are presented as being good.

Those flaws were not enough to damage the overall show that much for me, and I enjoyed it overall.

This is currently my favorite TV show of the year so far, to my surprise, and this season & season 2 are the best two seasons of this show.

I wish that I would have started watching this TV show sooner, I did not want it to end, which is very rare, and I even went back & watched episode 1 again last night.

I definitely recommend watching this show, especially this season & season 2, and I would rate it a 4.5 – 5.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.