Screenshot_20240404-195653_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240404-195702_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20240404-195707_Gmail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rooney49

Level 1
Jun 14, 2023
Don't reply and mark it as Spam.
These are all scare tactics just like how they call you here in USA and say that I am from IRS and need you to buy gift card or xyz dollars and give me that number otherwise cops will come to your house.
Unfortunately many people fall for these kind of scams even if they have not done anything wrong in their lives. Kindly ignore.

Happy0

Thread author
Apr 4, 2024
Hello @Happy0
Yes. This is a scam email, do not send any money or crypto to these scammers. All claims are bogus and this is just a spam email that is being sent to thousands of people.
Hello Jack
I have received another email again.
I am too scared to open it.

Attachments

• 20240417_111116.jpg
    20240417_111116.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 26

Sikrakent

Apr 23, 2024
Reading through your post, I can understand the concern you're feeling about the potential sextortion situation. It's definitely alarming to receive such threatening emails. Your instincts to seek advice and clarification are spot on.

Prodigyno

Apr 25, 2024
Reading through your post, I can understand the concern you're feeling about the potential sextortion situation. It's definitely alarming to receive such threatening emails. Your instincts to seek advice and clarification are spot on.
As for the authenticity of the threat, it's always wise to conduct a thorough digital investigation. This could involve checking the credibility of the sender, scrutinizing the content of the email, and perhaps even consulting with cyber security experts if needed.

In my opinion, it's crucial not to panic and to approach this situation with a level head. Often, these types of threats rely more on intimidation tactics than actual substance. However, it's still essential to take precautions and safeguard your digital privacy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.